Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Starting off 506 with a bio sketch

As you all know by now, my name is Jon Richichi. I am originally from Connecticut born and raised in Stamford since 1980. I developed an interest in new technology and travel early in life. I guess that comes with having an outgoing personality and the urge to explore new opportunities. As an avid traveler with my family and friends from childhood to the present, I found to learn more about myself as a person. I was an undergrad at the University of Colorado in Boulder and studied and worked in every aspect of television production since then. In my senior year, I did Semester at Sea where I traveled around the world on a ship that proved to be one of my most memorable experiences in life. Some of the countries I visited were Japan, China, Vietnam, South Africa and Cuba. After graduating in 2002, I decided to move back to Stamford where I currently live and work.

Although I am glad I only have a three mile commute to work at A&E Television Networks and work with great people, my current position is a dead end. I decided to change career paths and extend my education into the online interactive design world with the help of Quinnipiac. I am extremely interested in the creation and development of a fully functional website that I plan to do for my Master’s Project. Ideally I would like to be a content manager for a web design company in a more creative environment than what I’m currently doing. I really enjoyed the ICM Interactive Animation class learning how to design and animate content for the web.

I would also like to add that I enjoy watching and playing all types of sports, traveling and laughing. I enjoy all types of music but my favorite is dance music from international DJ’s. I also like all types of movie genres but prefer comedies. Some of my most favorite movies include Good Morning Vietnam, The Hangover, Rudy and Shawshank Redemption.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this. I really like the first paragraph. It says a lot and does a great job introducing the reader to your personality. The way you mention a "three mile commute" that leads to a "dead end" makes a bold statement. Nice job with this.

    This sentence is confusing: "As an avid traveler with my family and friends from childhood to the present, I found to learn more about myself as a person."

    The statement "I would also like to add" gives the feeling that you're squeezing last minute content into your biosketch. You should eliminate that phrase and come up with a way to weave in the last paragraph so it's not so abrupt.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    That's great that you've visited so many places! I myself love to travel, but have mostly visited Europe, seeing as that is where my family is from. I agree with Steve the sentence: "As an avid traveler with my family and friends from childhood to the present, I found to learn more about myself as a person." is a little confusing. I can understand loving to travel, and how it helps you find out more about yourself, but it seemed cut short. There are also a lot of "I also.." Maybe try a different starter. I really like the feel of the biosketch, it gives a clear idea of who you are, and what you want to accomplish in life, and why you're in the program! Great job!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete