Friday, June 11, 2010

But now I am found

Up until now, my life has been like the final show of Lost. All of the questions remained unanswered from the past years (seasons) of my life. Now I have to piece it all together and figure out who and what I am. Just like there were many interpretations to what the show really meant, there are many possibilities to what I am capable of becoming online.

We were programmed robots. From kindergarten to senior year of high school, we were apart of a curriculum developed by teachers and school administration to memorize what was presented to us and stay within the box. Then I got a job and the monotonous work every day paralyzed my brain.

This is why I had such a difficult time thinking about my niche, my online presence. What subject do I know enough about that I can pick it apart on my own?

There were some teachers who encouraged us to escape that box and conjure up coherent thoughts of our own in high school and college, but for the most part we were taught what we were supposed to be taught.

So finding my niche was difficult but when you think for yourself and develop your own personal program, the sun is a little bit brighter. I learned that living a personal experience like studying abroad or watching my hometown change over the years is a little more interesting to write about. Textbooks preaching facts or spreadsheets dulling my mind are helpful for learning, but a major obstacle when I needed to open up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment